As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing engineering projects from inception to completion. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are delivered within budget, on schedule, and according to quality standards. The Project Engineer will play a crucial role in coordinating project activities, resolving technical issues, and ensuring effective communication among team members.
- Plan, execute, and manage engineering projects, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgetary constraints, and quality standards.
- Coordinate with internal teams, including design, procurement, manufacturing, and quality control, to ensure smooth project execution.
- Develop project plans, including scope, objectives, deliverables, and resources required.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize potential issues.
- Monitor project progress, track key milestones, and provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with clients, contractors, and suppliers to ensure effective communication and resolution of project-related issues.
- Conduct technical evaluations, feasibility studies, and cost estimates for new projects.
- Ensure compliance with applicable engineering standards, codes, and regulations.
- Review and approve engineering drawings, specifications, and other technical documents.
- Provide technical guidance and support to project team members.
- Participate in project meetings, prepare meeting agendas, and document meeting minutes.
- Conduct project post-mortems to identify lessons learned and implement process improvements for future projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or related field).
- Proven experience in managing engineering projects, from concept to completion.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Familiarity with relevant software applications and tools used in engineering project management.
- Knowledge of applicable industry codes, regulations, and standards.